Tattoo aftercare is very important to the health of your tattoo. Aftercare can be different for everyone, but Pioneer Tattoo Company is happy to work with our customers to help them understand what will happen and how to handle special circumstances. If you have any issues please feel free to call our shop and ask questions.
The finished result of your tattoo is dependent on the care that it receives from YOU the 1st few weeks. Follow these steps carefully for healing your tattoo & you should have no problems:
• Wash your hands every time before touching your new tattoo.
• Remove the bandage, dressing or wrap after 1-2 hours.
• Wash tattoo with single use pump soap (Dial), water & your hands. (No bar soap!)
• Blot dry (with a clean, dry towel) & let tattoo air dry for approximately 10 minutes. Wrap your tattoo with plastic wrap & wash it every 4-6 for the next 3 days…or until the weeping (slime) stops.
• The 8 hours while you sleep will be the longest that you will go without washing and changing the bandage. When you awake, immediately wash your tattoo & repeat the steps above.
• Make sure you wash all the slime off and let dry completely before wrapping tattoo.
• After the weeping stops (usually after the 3rd day) switch to dye-free perfume-free (UNSCENTED) Curel or Lubriderm lotion; apply as needed (DO NOT let the tattoo dry out!)
• Your tattoo will begin peeling similar to a sunburn within 3-4 days. Do not be alarmed, this is normal!
• Do not expose tattoo to sun for at least 30 days. Do not swim or excessively soak your new tattoo until fully healed (at least 30 days).
If you have any questions please contact the shop or artist that did your tattoo and
we will answer any and all questions you may have!